Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Twenty is a Trip

Okay, so as of three days ago: I am twenty. Try to restrain your shock about this emboldened statement -- I am still the girl you once knew, simply older and wiser. Well...older.

I am also residing completely alone in a foreign place. And when I say foreign, I mean that I had never been here before I moved here. This is a scary thing for one so young. Also for one who is probably the only single mormon girl in the entire town of Vail. (I'm seriously not kidding - maybe even the only mormon in twenty miles) My branch is in a nearby town called Avon, and there are less than forty people who actually reside there full time. Every Sunday, there are roughly twenty or so non-locals, or "tourists" who pass through. Usually these tourists happen to be Americans, and sometimes are attractive and close to my age. Which just makes it all the more cruel really. As it is, I have to drive about twenty minutes to even get to church. And if I need to visit the RS President's house (which once was about 2 feet away from my home) I have to drive that and then yet another fifteen minutes. Needless to say, you people don't know how easy you have it. Also, let me mention that the meetings I sit through on Sunday are entirely in Spanish, with brief english translations accompanying. I will be fluent when I return home.

In the meantime, please let me know what's up back in the world of young adults, 2am hangout sessions, NCMO's, DTR's, and Betos.

I love you all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home