Thursday, December 29, 2005

Well There It Is.

Life is a very strange experience. It is often crazy, sad, lonely, joyous, funny, silly, unfortunate, strange, beautiful, and sick. Sometimes it is long, sometimes inexplicably short. But a grand majority of the time it is just f-cked up.

Take, for example, yesterday. I believe that I messed up pretty much every decision that came my way, with the possible exception of my outfit and the time I chose to eat crackers and coke when I felt whiffly. And, if you talk to Candice (or anyone who was at work last night, for that matter) you'll understand why. I'm not going to go into it, but to fully illstrate the way I felt, let me use an example from the funniest (and most frighteningly similar) movie I have seen lately. If you've yet seen Just Friends, there's this part where he just got together with the girl he's been in love with his whole life. The poor, misdirected fool was just trying to make a good impression. That's all he was trying to do. But instead, he pretty much botched every chance he got. The part of the movie to which I would like to recall is where he drops her off, and gets in the car. He then goes completely crazy, hitting himself in the face, yelling "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" and then goes on for five minutes of even more humiliating shennanagins to fully illustrate to himself what an idiot he is for blowing it. (He is, of course, totally oblivious to the fact that the woman he loves is still standing right outside the window.) The thing is, I totally understood how he felt. Because that is exactly how I felt pretty much all night yesterday.

And to top it all off, I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. I have an internship that I've verbally committed to but do not yet know if it's even the right decision, I'm contemplating leaving all of my dearest friends just to escape this town, I have no prospects, my relationships are either freaking maddening or practically non-existant, I'm running out of money, patience, and sanity, oh--and the guy that I thought would be my eternal companion is now engaged to the [insert degrading female slur here] that he cheated on me with and dumped me for less than three months ago. Am I upset? Not too badly. Aside from the fact that all of my friends refuse to get my very drunk and the fact that I probably shouldn't be left alone for awhile, I'm prompted to laugh. Because damn, life is funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

We should be friends. I hate to use the adage "you're too good for him", but, in this case it's true. Call me sometime.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home