Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Los Amigos Del Taco

Okay, 3:45 am. This kind of behavior has GOT to stop. Man, I love college life, but if I can't wake up before noon tomorrow, I'm going to have to start caffienating in the MORNING. And that's the first sign of addiction. So tonight, I worked until closing again, and had exactly 14 customers the whole night. This was a fair bit slower than my whopping 20 covers the night before. Hmm... maybe it only SEEMED busier than it actually was, and there is in fact another parallel universe in which time is merely an illusion. I think I have become lost in that universe these past couple of days. Maybe it's just that I've been, well, distracted of late. This is the first time I have stayed up so late so many nights in a row since I was dating Chad. At least then there was somewhat of a reason. And yet, somehow, I never did have as much fun then as I am having now. Maybe it's because I'm hanging out with cooler people. Plus, with Chad I never got to change a tire wearing crazy 80's clothes. Yes, that must definitely be it.

Well, anyway, after work, and after subtely trying to tempt Chris into joining us for yet another night of revelry (and failing btw... dang, I'm losing my edge.) We (Robbie, Wiggle, Glade, and I, and strangely my brother Ben and Betty) all met at Vermillion and played Scrabble for a couple of hours. This was fun, except for the fact that we were sans Chris, and as a result Robbie wasted us all quite nicely. Glade then decided that he had a deep and immediate need for Betos. So Wiggle went home and I played cheauffer for Guido and Forest to Beto's, which was I'm afraid to report, shockingly CLOSED. How can this be, you ask? Well, I still harbor strong suspicions that the cooks decided that they didn't feel like making any more food and so they told us that the kitchen was broken so we would go away. So we went to Del Taco instead.

After a long wait, and after Robbie had called the consumer comment line at LEAST three times to give them a play-by-play on the progress of our order, the cordial manner of the employee, how long we were waiting, etc. We thought it would be witty to go back and actually eat the Del Taco food while sitting IN Betos. This was a marvelous plan, though sadly we returned to good old FishMex to discover that the cooks had wised up and locked the doors. So we ate, and then I took the boys to their respected homes, and then returned to my own humble abode, feeling rather sick to my stomach because Del Taco is little better than Betos in that it causes tummy tremors up to three days post-consumption.

Anyway, I really do have to sleep now. But if anyone ever reads this, I'm sorry about the novella that I just wrote. Next time I'll try to keep it shorter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home