Monday, July 04, 2005

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

I dedicate this blog to Robbie. Man, I miss him sooo. Eighties night just lacks appeal, as do many of the mundane details of life post-Robbie existence. For example, while life is incredibly awesome these days, I felt his absence most poignantly last night when we were at Denny's. It was a collection of our new and old buddies, (some loved, some tolerated out of some twisted fascination with the unpredictable, as I will make clear shortly). Anyway, Myself, Ben, Rach, Chris, Joey, Danny, and Betty were there with her pet "boyfriend" Ryan. And while I love Betty deep down inside, I have found that she quite often embarrasses us with her craziness. Like last night, for example. There was one point when she began arguing loudly with Ryan over some (imaginary) pre-marital spat. At this time, I felt most clearly that a Robbie-style intercession was critical to break the tension and change the subject. There was only one flaw with this plan: No Robbie. So, feeling somewhat responsible, I cleared my throat and loudly proclaimed. "Stop it you two! CAN'T YOU SEE YOU'RE IN LOVE!??" I think it worked. But still, it just wasn't the same. Robbie, come back to us pleeeze. Who will be our man slave??? Why did you have to leave us??? WHY???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home